TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

I have a Samsung TV Model # hl-s5687w Model code #

Customer Question

I have a Samsung TV Model # ***** Model code # ***** It turns on for a while maybe 20 minutes, then cuts off life its overheating????? Then it allows you to turn it back on...When the TV shuts off, There is a red light blinking on the right
hand bottom front of the TV. It is the light located on the left of the 7 lights/ buttons in that area.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry , did not mean to post here

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Is it the Standby/Temp light blinking on the left side of the lights or the Lamp light that's on the right of the 3 lights? On the left is temperature shutdown, right is the lamp. We don't get too many of those failures, so I'd check and make sure the TV's rear lamp cover isn't being blocked by something while it's running. Maybe a curtain is being sucked into the grille and blocking air flowl.