Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 50PD9800TA connected to DIrect TV box. At first I

Customer Question

I have a 50PD9800TA connected to DIrect TV box. At first I was getting invalid freq message when going to watch on demand. I'm now getting it all the time. Recall button is bringing up timer but not displaying signal mode or format
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back at you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. How is the DTV box connected to the TV- is it using an HDMI cable?

If so, have you tried a basic reboot of the box by disconnecting it from power, then removing and reconnecting the HDMI cable -making sure it's secure? If not, then try that, plug the box back in and once it reboots, let me know if you have that same message please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its connected via HDMI. I unplugged both the TV and the satellite box and disconnected the HDMI cable. Powered satellite box, powered up TV and connected HDMI. TV is functioning again properly until I get into Direct TV Cinema channels (start at 125.) Invalid Freq is displayed. Just tried doing the same with my Pioneer plasma and it works. Recall button on remote does not display input signal status. Only timer data on the center, bottom of the screen.