Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Trying to set up Comcast Cable on new LG tv. I see the

Customer Question

Trying to set up Comcast Cable on new LG tv. I see the "Please enter account information" screen on the LG. BUT CANNOT enter any #'s. The LG interprets them as channels.
Trying to set up using the HDMI cable, the LG TV says it won't take any #'s because there is no TV input.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I believe you may just be on the wrong input here.

Grab your LG tv remote and look at the top left for the SOURCE or INPUT button, pressing repeatedly until you get to hdmi1, hdmi2, etc (wherever your box is connected).

The tv itself should not ask for any account or connection information, unless it is a smart tv and looking for your wifi password.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Comcast installation instructions say (1) set up the box, (2) turn it on, (3) turn on the tv, and (4) enter your account number and phone number on the Smart TV.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

What box are you using? How, specifically, is it connected to the tv (what port on back)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Xfinity HD box. RNG150N. It is now connected via the cable out port. I have tried both cable and the single hdmi port.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

For the cable out (coax) to work you'd need to run the auto scan function on the tv setup menu, then set tv to channel 3 or 4.

For hdmi, you'd simply set the tv to hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.

In either case though, any account info or other setup should be done via the comcast remote, not in the actual tv settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will switch to hdmi and try the comcast remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** get you back on track.

Normally though, you don't have to enter any account info, the box should recognize your customer/subscriber info automatically. That may not be the case though if you have a wireless box and it needs info to connect to an xfinity gateway/wifi network.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No go. The Xfinity remote is new, a different design than I've seen before. Just put the batteries in, and it is not paired with the TV.When I go through the pairing process, I'm supposed to see 3 numbers on the TV that I then enter on the remote to pair.But since I'm following the Comcast instructions that say I have to enter this information on the TV first, I'm stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts? This is different than when I set up a Comcast SD account a few months back. It is HD, a new type of box, new type of remote.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyone listening?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please credit me the fee I paid?I wish you could have helped. It doesn't seem like you can.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here, but replies take a few minutes to come through and when you send multiple replies they all get lost in the queue and I don't see any of them.

The remote doesn't "pair" with the tv, but can be programmed to run the tv power and volume, if configured properly.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The comcast remote needs to control the comcast box. Once the tv is set to the proper input mode, then you can follow the comcast remote instructions from there. Some of the newer remotes are bluetooth though, you may have to look for a pairing button to press first either on the box or on the remote (sometimes under the battery cover)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave up after more than 25 minutes of silence after my 12:45am response to your question. I'll begin again tonight. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I"m sorry I missed you earlier, I was offline for the night as well. I'll await your reply later to let me know how it works out.