Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a sharp aquos that works with my wii - input 3 and

Customer Question

hi
I have a sharp aquos that works with my wii - input 3 and used to work with my cable box, but doesn't seem to work with my direct to wall cable adapter. When I try to change to channel 3 or 4 (on TV input) it says, "no input selection available"
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the full model number of the tv?
When you say direct to wall, you mean coax from wall jack to tv (no box, no adapter, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coaxil goes from wall to Comcast direct converter and converter to tv. model is LC-46D62U
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

All via coax though, correct?

Have you gone into the tv setup menu into the tuner/initial setup function, and run the Auto Scan (auto program) function, so it will see the comcast converter signal coming in on channel 3/4?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't get to menu; don't have remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
using buttons on top and Comcast remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I was not aware of that previously, and it is going to preclude you from setting the tv up properly.

You have to be able to get into the menu to run the auto program function, or the cable feed will not be recognized.

The comcast remote is not able to operate the tv menu.

That leaves you with 2 options at this point: buy a replacement remote, or have comcast provide you with a full size cable box that you can use via hdmi, where you don't have to worry about the menu.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You can get a new remote here: http://amzn.to/1Fv4RB2