Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

No power at all just went out and no power at all no red

Customer Question

No power at all just went out and no power at all no red light "nothing it was made in 2008 model #TH-42PX80U
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems, If there's no signs of life at all on the set- then you're looking at a bad power board. Let me take a look and see if this model has a fuse- will be right back.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There's two white ceramic fuses soldered into place on the power board- near the lower right corner. These cant be checked without a multi-meter (they appear the same whether good or bad), and require soldering in order to replace them. There's about a 30/70 chance that it's the fuse however- in most cases the board itself has failed in a different manner (and would require testing to confirm that).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Alternatively the power supply board for your set can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.super-laptop-parts.com/for-panasonic-th42px80u-power-supply-board-lsjb12601-p-20488.html

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.