Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My tv on light comes on 3 seconds and then turns off

Customer Question

my tv on light comes on for about 3 seconds and then turns off
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Hello

Welcome

How long have you owned the set for please?

Is this something that happened out of the blue?or has it been going off and on before failure?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just over 1 year and it started yesterday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
y grandson went to turn it on to play is playstation 3 and just never came on, it was fine the night before

I am sorry to hear this from such a high spec tv, have you rebooted the set?unplugged from wall-power waited 5 mins then re-plugged back in again?if not please do that and let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have gave that a try already

Hello

I am afraid the way it stands the set has a problem, now you MUST try and get this done under warranty even though it may be slightly over you must be firm and ask to speak with a supervisor at vizio if you are not getting anywhere with the first contact, I just spoke yesterday with someone else with a Vizio who had to use firm tactics and was successful, sorry it has to be this way but the set has developed a fault that is likely to be the main-board gone bad....contact vizio via the website and get the phone number from there www.vizio.com

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony