Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My TV will not let me go to Advanced Selection to type infor

Customer Question

my TV will not let me go to Advanced Selection to type infor DTV. I am having probem with that Help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Go into the MENU, then scroll to "Setup MENU", scroll down to Reset to Default and press OK/ENTER.

Then you will go to the Channel MENU, and select "AIR" (instead of Cable).

Once done go to "Channel Scan" and hit OK/ENTER.

These are the steps that need to be done in order to get your TV to scan for, and pickup available antenna signals.

If that still does not work, then it would seem the TV's internal tuner has malfunctioned, and a workaround would be to purchase an inexpensive DTV converter box and connect it to the TV's AV Inputs. Then the scan will be run using the DTV converter box software.

The manual for your Coby is below:

http://content.abt.com/documents/22023/tftv3217_manual.pdf

Additionally, a DTV converter box can be purchased at Radio Shack, or Best Buy, and also at the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=979935011

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please simply reply back here, I don't use the phone call service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay you $28.00 for the services and pay you for the phone call that is not fair we have went through all the scanding info. and setup for you to tell me that we need a converta box. please send me your phone number right away. ThankYou
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't make the rules of the site- I abide by them as any other user. I also have no bearing on the fact that the site charges additional monies for a phone call- the offer is from them- not from me. I did not simply state you needed a converter- I provided the exact steps that need to be taken in order to scan starting with resetting the TV to factory defaults. If you have performed those steps as indicated, then this DETERMINES that the TV is unable to scan and pickup channels. In lieu of having the TV repaired, I offered the workaround of a converter box. I will opt out now as I feel another expert would be a better fit for you.