Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Trying to get hdmi on tv what do I do

Customer Question

Trying to get hdmi on tv for Foxtel what do I do
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, which Foxtel receiver please?

And if already connected by an HDMI cable, have you tried pressing the Input source selection button of the Toshiba 40CV550A's original remote and then ▼ button couple of times until HDMI1 or HDMI is selected and the Foxtel program is shown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

If the Foxtel receiver is already connected by an HDMI cable to either of the TV's HDMI port (1 or 3), then using the 40CV550A original remote:

• • press the -> button on the original remote (below button 9);
  • • selection of video input / sources would be displayed;
  • • press ▼ button a couple of times untiul HDMI1 is selected (if Foxtel connected to HDMI 1 input port);
  • • press OK button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie . When I press the input button it says not available
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Is it the original remote control?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the image
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the pictures; just now.

To my understanding, the remote control for a Toshiba 40CV550A is a CT-90283 similar to the product shown HERE while a suitable substitute is HERE. Please note that the Input source selection button is below the 9 button.