Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Samsung SMART TV started (during NFL game viewing Sunday)

Customer Question

My Samsung SMART TV started (during NFL game viewing Sunday) just to Flash The SMART TV logo for a second ON then OFF ...ON then OFF continually. The SAMSUNG is totally in-operable. to trouble shoot I have changed POWER Chord (power source) from a TV SPIKE BAR to direct into a wall socket but NO CHANGE it still just flashes ON then OFF. There were some SDG&E power glitches in San Diego county Sunday afternoon but my home never lost power?
Do have a problem diagnosis?
Do you have a repair solution or recommendation?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Yes, this is a common issue with Samsungs- and it's caused by a fault in the Mainboard. The Mainboard provides the turn on command, and it is what displays the Inputs (cable, DVD, etc.) after that Smart TV logo appears. Since it's turning off right at the point the Mainboard would engage- and then turning itself back on- this is a Mainboard failure. I can help you with finding the part, and also with a repair cost if you choose to have a shop do it- but I need the model number off of the back of the TV for this.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick note- the Mainboard is usually only around a $100 part, and you can change it out yourself with nothing more than a screwdriver (no special tools or soldering is needed).

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?