Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Vizio XVT553sv that took a power surge due to

Customer Question

I have a Vizio XVT553sv that took a power surge due to lighting strike. Flashes white then amber Vizio indicator the Vizio logo appears on screen the repeats flashing indicators again. Just keeps repeating the same thing over and over.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. This is a fault in the Mainboard of the set- which is what connects directly to the coaxial, HDMI and AV Inputs on the TV. This board also provides the turn on command, so when it cycles like this and doesn't go beyond the Vizio logo- we know for certainty it is the Mainboard which has failed. Are you looking for a link to that part so you can swap it yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Actually the part number is: VIZIO XVT553SV MAIN BOARD 0171-2272-3237 / 3655-0122-0150, but it is showing out of stock through all suppliers. It's commonly a $125 part when you can locate one and I would suggest scouring Ebay using that part number to see if a replacement pops up now and then.

If this is not something that you're looking to replace yourself, then a shop will typically charge $250-$300 parts and labor to swap the Main and can be located at the following link:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.