Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have rca 55la55r120qq. It turns on, has picture and

Customer Question

I have rca 55la55r120qq. It turns on, has picture and sound..but the picture is upside down and distorted color like 3d without the glasses. I have replaced tcon and main board but still same problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The upside-down picture, and the distortion/color may be separate problems. (But I might suspect the power supply voltage of being a little wrong, and checking on that, rather than just replacing the power supply blindly, would be a good idea.)

The upside-down picture might have two or three causes:

1. Main board wrong for this exact model and revision level... doubtful, but possible.

2. More likely, if the TV is connected to a computer for a test, you may need to press

Ctrl-Alt-up arrow on the computer, to flip the display back.

3. Even more likely, the Service Menu option for Flip Display may be set to the wrong value.

The value may also be called Picture Flip.

(There is a YouTube video, with regard to a somewhat different but doubtfully related model of RCA TV, and its service menu setting for Picture Flip ... but I am hesitant about citing it, since a single wrong move in a service menu can lead to really big troubles with a TV. So I ask, first:)

Do you have a service menu guide, or a service manual, or a repair manual, for this model of RCA TV? if not, I would recommend that you obtain one. Would you like me to search for and cite a source for a service manual for this model of TV, for you?