Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Panasonic Model#TC-P46C2. Can it be updated to be

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Model#TC-P46C2 . Can it be updated to be wifi capable?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The TC-P46C2 has no internet capabilities whatsoever- as it's not a Smart TV, the Mainboard has no internet processing. So, in order to get Apps or other internet content on the set- you would need an external box such as a Smart Blu ray player, Apple TV, Roku, etc. connected to the TV. You can then stream internet content to the set through that device connected to the TV via an HDMI cable. A good example of a cost-effective "Streaming Box" is the Roku at the link below:

https://www.roku.com/products/roku-2

So in short- the set can't be updated to be Wi Fi capable- as it would require a different Mainboard in the set, which isn't possible due to the way it's designed, but you can still workaround the issue by connecting an external streaming device.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?