Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Panasonic plasma TV "TH-58P2700U", i did observer a

Customer Question

Hi Dan;
I have Panasonic plasma TV "TH-58P2700U", i did observer a green line in middle (Horizontal) of TV, don't know what could be an issue.
TV was bought in 2008
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Dan is not online, but I will be glad to help you.

Can you please tell me how thick this green line is and does it move or flicker at all?

Also is it there with all sources (cable, DVD, etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay.Line is not that thick less then 1 cm. It stay and depend on background of TV show will see on screen.
It is same with cable, streaming device, did not try with DVD.Please let me know for any additional information you want.P Patel
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Please use the original Panasonic remote and press MENU- and let me know if the TV's native MENU will display over the line, or behind the line. Since the line is internal, the MENU test tells me more what is causing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i mention I don't see green line on each channel constantly, it comes up sporadically and see perfectly when background is in light (white/light yellow) color.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, then it's going to be tough to determine which component in the TV is at fault. However since it occurs with multiple sources (streaming and cable) then it's confirmed to be an issue within the TV itself. Most commonly it's caused by the Sustain board(s) failing due to heat and wear. However it can also be caused by a dropped output in the power supply, or a faulty Mainboard. In order to isolate and fix the issue, the set would need to be bench tested and voltages would need to be measured at the power supply PCB.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The average cost for this repair is between $250-$400 parts and labor- and I'm afraid there's no pushbutton fixes for this problem. It is a hardware related issue and given the set is 7 years old, I would also consider putting that same money towards a possible new set, or living with the line until it becomes unwatchable. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.