Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sanyo 50 inch tv. DP 50740. Will not power on. I

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo 50 inch tv. DP 50740. Will not power on. I replace the power board, but it does the same thing. That is you can hear it click on and you can see the green led light, but it'll goes by off. You can switch it on 3 times and then it locks you out. It s only about 5 years old. What else should I try
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. When did the initial problem occur- was the set ever hard to start before going out? Was there a storm, power outage, etc.?

Also where did you purchase the power board from please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received a phone call ye
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature, if you'd like to continue here, please reply back to the info request.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have not received an answer either
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Scroll up the page and reply back to the info request if you would like to continue- thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no power outage, the TV was working fine until it just went off. The new power board was purchased from Shop Jimmy. Com
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. for the reply. Have you tried disconnecting the sustain boards from the power board to see if the TV will then stay powered up? This rules out shorted sustain boards pulling the power board voltages down- which is also a very common issue with plasma set. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lol try it, but I also installed a new du stain board