Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Sirs, I have a 60 inch VM60P TV that I guess is over 5 years

Customer Question

Sirs,
I have a 60 inch VM60P TV that I guess is over 5 years old. The previous owner left the owners manual. Presently the picture sent by Comcast is cut off all the way around by at least 5 - 6 inches. I have look at the menu and "wide" on the remote but there is no way to adjust the pictures from what I have determine. Is this correct? Also if there is something wrong with the TV and taking into account I can buy a new one for under $900, is it worth fixing by a repairman?
Mark Childers
Houston, Texas ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

The size and shape of the picture on your screen is set in TWO places. One is the Tv the other is the cable/satellite box. You need to experiment using a combination of BOTH of these settings until you find a size/shape you like.

The vizio remote may have a button and the Comcast remote may have a button. The button is usually called Pic Size, Zoom, Aspect, Format, etc. If you can't find a direct button, then it will be an item in the settings menu of the tv and the comcast box.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,