Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have Samsung TV, Model LA26D460E1HXXY. HAS POWER ON BUT NO

Customer Question

I have Samsung TV, Model LA26D460E1HXXY. HAS POWER ON BUT NO PICTURE OR SOUND PRESENT. RECEIVER SENSOR. REACTS TO TV & REMOTE CONTROLS BUT NOTHING HAPPENS. SOUNDS INTERNAL WHAT DO I CHECK AFTER RECEIVER. I AM AN ELECTRICIAN & HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF ELECTRONICS. DO YOU THINK IT IS A COMPONENT OR MAYBE JUST A DRY SOLDER JOINT??
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Aric, I have received your reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Can you please tell me what you're referring to as "WHAT DO I CHECK AFTER RECEIVER"? What receiver do you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SENSOR for remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay. What I need to know is this:

When you press power on the TV itself (not the remote), does the power light change as it should, and does the screen light up even for a second?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red power on light flashes, then stays on, but no picture not even for a split second.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay I was asking if the screen lights up (backlights)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No picture, but if you dim the lights in the room does the screen light up at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I doubt it, but will check. Hold on.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, it's pretty important in troubleshooting to note.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing at all. No Blacklight's. Doesn't sound good to me??
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This rules out the Mainboard and points to the power board. You have a multi-meter I would assume?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
go to find it, it been a while! Currently work for an electrical distribution company in New South Wales Australia as a high voltage major Connections (generators & large load customers) case manager on compliance issues. Megawatt man not milliwatts - ha-ha. It's 7.30am here & I have to get ready for work. If I leave this chat open can pick it up with you after work?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

It's 5:20 pm where I'm at- I'm in the US. So when you get out of work I'll likely be sleeping. However if you know how to measure DC voltages (which it sounds like you do) then you will ground the black meter probe to the metal frame of the set, then set the meter to DC and probe the pins on the power supply board (voltages are stamped on the board) and see if the 5, 12 and 24 vdc outputs are present. If only the 5 is present- then you need to replace your mainboard. If the 5 and one other voltage are present- then replace the power board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep, will do that, no probs. Can we leave chat open so I can get back to you at this time tomorrow morning
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The chat stays open even once you rate- I can't close it and it's open for replies. So reply back when you can and when I see your reply, I will reply back- thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Aric, all get back to you tomoz
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome and sounds good.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?