Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Direct TV recently replaced the receiver in our bedroom.

Customer Question

Direct TV recently replaced the receiver in our bedroom. Since then, the Sony Blu-ray will no longer stream Netflix. How do I get Netflix to re-stream again
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm not sure how DirecTv replacing a receiver in your bedroom affected your Netflix streaming UNLESS- they pulled an Ethernet cable out of the Sony BD player to connect to their box for movie streaming? Are you able to tell me how specifically the Sony BDP-N460 is connected to your network? Is it a hard-wired Ethernet cable, or a Wi Fi connection?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed you said "the phone connection appears to be intact". If I'm reading this correctly- you're referring to the Ethernet cable (which resembles a phone cable). Please follow the other end of this cable from the Blu Ray player, to your router- and see if it is still connected. If it IS< then we will need to RESET the SOny to defaults and then start a fresh internet connection from there.

However if it is NOT connected to the router, then you will need to manually connect the Sony player to your router- as the Ethernet cable is how it receives an internet connection.

Let me know and we can proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?