Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I had H'D discontinued and when the agent removed it, my tv

Customer Question

I had H`D discontinued and when the agent removed it, my tv had no picture and no sound. I have talked to agent, and to tech support and tried all they recommended.
Still, the only thing that comes up on tv screen is No signal...evven though the box lights. The picture vanished last Friday and I have been dealing with Comcast about 7 hrs now and still no fix. I am convinced when agent removed hd, the box was harmed so that even though ..the technician says the box is ok, it may recieve your signal but does not pass it on to tv. I hope you can help. Thank you. Attempts at restarting the system have not produced any results. Technician claimed a local outage, but even that which was supposed to be repaired last night at 10:PM has not worked. Still the message of no
signal appears and floats across the tv screen. Help me. I think comcast , which Ihave had for 20 yrs broke it...and I am counting on them to fix it. Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, No Signal either means the TV is not on the correct Video "Input" or that the box is faulty. Please get me the mode number off of the back of your TV, and also let me know how the box is connected (look at the back- it will be an HDMI cable, component cables, or something else.). Let me know.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please get me the info requested above (scroll up to see all replies), and also let me know if you have the original remote for the TV.