Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

SAMSUNG UN55HU8550FX Looses the internet. At the same time

Customer Question

SAMSUNG UN55HU8550FX Looses the internet. At the same time lap top and phones show good internet. When the TV looses the internet all others are off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, How long have you owned the set for?

Is it using a Wi Fi or Wired connection to your router?

How often does it lose internet?

Please postback with details and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Owned 15 months ...have extended warranty
Using Wi Fi--Charter
how often---- when it warms 90 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
customer waiting Bob
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bob I'm here....

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

How far away from the set is the router please?

Also have you tried resetting the TV to factory defaults and then setting up the Internet connection to the TV from scratch? This is the first thing you would need to try. Then if it cuts out again, you would want to try either a hardware ethernet connection (or purchase a Wi Fi "access point"- which is what I did in my own home for a dropping Netflix connection).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not given me a fix send it to my text
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We basically need to rule out the basics one by one to see if the set still drops it's internet connection. In some cases too much activity on the router (too many devices connected), will cause the one with the least amount of strength to drop signal. Resetting the TV to factory defaults, then setting it up again- and if it continues to drop out moving the router closer, trying a hard-wired connection, or purchasing an access point and installing near the TV will be the next steps. If the issue goes beyond that, then contact the extended warranty company and you would then start a repair ticker for the set. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Scroll up the page to see all replies Bob.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

To see how to reset the TV to factory defaults, please see the link below. This sets the TV back to shipping condition, and it will need to be setup as if it were new once it's completed:

http://ccm.net/faq/40592-how-to-reset-a-samsung-smart-tv-to-factory-setting

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Run through the initial setup and also the internet connection test, and see if the Wi Fi drops out again.

If so, then in lieu of moving the router or hard-wiring the TV, then consider using an access point- which essentially takes the Wi Fi signal and boosts it. Install the access point as close to the TV as possible. A unit such as the one at the link below will work for this:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/belkin-n300-dual-band-wireless-range-extender/5471046.p?id=1218650526314&skuId=5471046&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5471046&extensionType=pla:g&s_kwcid=PTC!pla!!!85355560999!g!!55674106159&kpid=5471046&k_clickid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&lsft=ref:212,loc:1&ksid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&ksprof_id=401&ksaffcode=pg2644&ksdevice=c&kpid=5471046

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?