Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

All of a sudden my Panasonic Viera TH-C46FD18 TV won't show

Customer Question

All of a sudden my Panasonic Viera TH-C46FD18 TV won't show a picture. The power light blinks 13 times. It won't show a menu or anything. I don't have an original remote so I don't know if there is a way to do a reboot using the keys on the unit.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ready
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Thanks , a few questions coming up ;

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was watching earlier during the day. Left for about 30 minutes and then it wouldn't come back on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then before I show you what that 13 blinks code is , here is something for you to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.

let me know how that goes.

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that reset does not it then click the link below and you will see a picture I took from the service manual about that 13 blinks code;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bmvcaunb3xjlmj/2015-09-20_2043.png?dl=0

The " A " board part #TNPH0721APS for this tv is the main board and while waiting for your reply I took a look and it does seem to be difficult to find "in stock" at a reasonable price .

The suppliers I found are asking $400 + except for one on ebay at $115 if you are interested , here is that link ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TH-C46FD18-MAIN-BOARD-TNPH0721APS-TNPH0721AP-/271942859209

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate so i get paid for my time helping you and you can use the re

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Part of my answer didn`t go through yesterday , last line should`ve read that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions or need help .

Thank you