TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

3 thin color vertical lines right side of tv. Samsung

Customer Question

3 thin color vertical lines right side of tv. Samsung pn51d450a2d. shows above picture. Still show on menu and hdmi 1 and 2.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

There's some other tests you may want to try to isolate your problem. I don't think your TV MENU stretches far enough to the right to get the menu to lay UNDER the lines, am I correct about that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct menu don't stretch where the lines are
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for answer
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then we access the service menu and use the TV's service menu for built in pictures.

Turn off the TV. Now press MUTE, then 182 Power on. You should see a list of tests show up after 5 seconds. Verify it does.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Next you highlight CONTROL, press OK, then Configure option, press OK, then Test patterns near the bottom of the list and press OK.

THEN you right arrow through the test patterns. Use the Logic board test patterns in your selection, not the MSTAR patterns. You see the lines on top or are they covered?

Don't rate me yet, we aren't finished. Just use the reply button.