Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Pair Sony tv kdl-43w800c with Logitech keyboard k830

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I think you may be misinterpreting the capabilities and/or purpose of this keyboard.

The keyboard itself cannot "pair" to your tv directly, it is not compatible or able to interface with the tv directly.

The tv is not a computer, despite its "smart" functions, which are limited to a handful of specific apps. it does not possess the necessary drivers to communicate with the keyboard directly.

The intent of this is for use with a HTPC (home theater pc), meaning you'd connect a computer to the tv directly, using the tv as a large monitor, and using the pc for internet based media streaming as well as browsing, games, etc. The keyboard is simply a wireless keybaord built for use with a htpc to facilitate livingroom/theater use.

You can try plugging the little usb receiver that came with the keyboard into the usb port on the side of the tv, but again this is still unlikely to work as the tv doesn't have complete drivers to facilitate all functions.

What you can do that may accomplish your end goal though is to download the sony tv remote control app to a smartphone/tablet, and then use the on screen keyboard within that app (over your home wifi network) to control the tv.

Best regards ***** ***** for the news,