TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 Years experience. Authorized Warranty servicer.
26807325

I have a 55 inch smart Samsung TV purchased in November,

Customer Question

I have a 55 inch smart Samsung TV purchased in November, 2014. Today I noticed that the information for the samsung sound bar was backwards on my screen. I turned on the menu for the tv and everythingwas backwards. The cable tv picture is fine. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Probably the setting for the menu got reversed if there is one for it. Look on the back of your TV for the model /serial number sticker. Usually found on the right edge, then the center, then the right-center over the power cord depending on the model of your TV set. Model numbers start at UE55H6200xxxx up to UN55HU7250xxxx

I'll see what the service menu controls when you get me the correct model number with the "xxxx" suffix and serial number off that sticker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV Model UN55HU6950FXZA
TV Serial Number 035F3CZF700306L
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Go to a cable channel 1st that uses writing from the TV show like QVC, or a weather channel or news channel that show that banner bar at the bottom. Let's make sure its lettering isn't backward either, because there is a picture flip setting in the service menu.

NOTE if the picture is backwards.

Then NOTE if the below service menu is backwards too, and let me know OK?.

There are 2 possible service menu access procedures, the service manual shows both -

1] Power OFF TV, then press INFO MENU MUTE Power On TV. Wait 5 seconds for the Service menu to appear.

OR 2]Power OFF TV, then press MUTE 182 Power on TV. Wait 5 seconds.

HV Flip is in the OPTIONS section. Use your arrow keys and OK button to maneuver to it, and OK to select it.

Remember the present setting, then try the H FLIP setting if your menu is backwards. Remember this will flip the MENU AND PICTURE, not just the menu. That's why I said to check the channels that have their banner on the TV screen FIRST.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The banner scroll at the bottom of the set is fine. I also have seen that the smart tv icons which used to be linear on the bottom of the screen when starting the tv are now all grouped in the left upper corner. They are backwards and flickering
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

Did you try accessing the TV's service menu to see if it's messed up too?

Power OFF TV, wait 5 seconds, then press MUTE 182 Power on TV (within 5 seconds). Wait 5 seconds.