Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sanyo DP50747 flickers, it get worse as the unit warms up.

Customer Question

Sanyo DP50747 flickers, it get worse as the unit warms up. While it is flickering if I select Menu on the TV the menu appears but flickering continues. What do I have to replace?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you tell me how old is the TV and how long it have had this problem?

Is the flicker issue getting worse/ increasing day by day?

These info will help to troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the TV second hand about a year ago and it worked fine.
It started flickering about a month ago and seem to appear after the set was on a couple of hours.
Now it starts flickering about ten minutes after turning it on. Dark pictures seem to flicker worse than light screens.
Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

It seems TV has got few failing capacitors on power supply board that are causing the problem, please visually check the power supply board for bulged/ swollen/ top puffed capacitors that will need to be replaced and help to resolve the problem.

Capacitors replacement needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.