Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a sony wega tv KDF-E55A20 and the picture and sound

Customer Question

We have a sony wega tv KDF-E55A20 and the picture and sound goes out but comes back on In like a minute but keeps dong that and when the tv is turned off the red light blinks 5 times
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for asking me question. I have following questions about TV to troubleshoot the problem.

- How long the TV have had this problem?

- Any repair/ part replacement doe to TV in past?

- When did you replace lamp last time in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have never had any repairs done to the tv and lamp has never been replaced. the tv goes on for appox 2 minutes and out for approx. 2 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm here and working on your TV question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you find an answer
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems failing lamp issue in TV as the lamp utilized in this TV has limited hours life span and goes out after few years long service, replacement of lamp will help to resolve the problem.

Typing more info about where to get lamp...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are not happy because you are not telling us how to fix it ourselves and we could've got that question answered for free at an local tv shop
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Required XL2200 lamp is available at following link..

http://www.dlplampsource.com/xl-2200-television-replacement-lamp.html

and please click on following link to download TV user manual copy and check page 76 for details about how to replace lamp

https://docs.sony.com/release/kdfe55-60a20.pdf

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Typing the info through keyboard takes little time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do we fix it our selves
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Now you have all required info about what is wrong in TV, where to buy new replacement lamp and how to replace it in TV.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

TV user manual page-76 has detailed info about how to replace the lamp in your TV, did you click the link in previous reply to download the user manual copy to view those info?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

You can replace the lamp yourself in this TV, its easy and written on page-76 of TV manual.

Order the new lamp to lamp source link mentioned in previous reply and replace it in TV to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need further assistance with it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have the user manual. replacing the lamp is not a definite answer as you are only assuming or guessing. i do agree the lamp has so many user hours however this is not a tv that is used great amount of time. please remove my credit card information as this was not helpful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please credit my account as well
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

5 times flashing power light is another evidence of failing/ bad lamp in TV, this is not an assumption and have seen/ fixed many TVs for same issue.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

If you do not wish to pay for the answer then please contact to customer service at***@******.*** as they deal with billing/ account matters, I have no control over it.

Just leave the answer as it is and do not rate it.

Thanks.