Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My new samsung 75 inch smart tv will not show a picture. A

Customer Question

My new samsung 75 inch smart tv will not show a picture. A message says that the tv has an update and tells me not to turn it off. It goes through a cycle of turning itself on and off then shows the same message again and goes though the same cycle.
It has sound and will change channels, but no picture. I can only turn it off by holding the off button for awhile. No control of the sound !
Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. You mentioned disconnecting the internet. What does that refer to?

3. You mentioned changing channels and sound. Is that from a cable box or satellite box?

4. When you first plugged in the tv and turned it on, did it show any initial setup screens? Did you finish that process?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my tv is mounted on the wall, My contractor bought it at Costco, it is a hd smart tv.
I unplugged the connection in my mechanical room fro the main TV to the internet
A satelite box Direct TV, I have three other tvs, two of which are connected and working fine.
I did not do this, My technician did, It was connected to Direct TV yesterday and worked fine till last night.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I do not use the phone call service, but another tech may.

I am here with you via CHAT unless/until another tech takes your phone call offer.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Working without a model number makes things very difficult. Is there a receipt or user manual that has any thing at all regarding the model number?

Is the Directv box for this Tv, sitting right there next to/with this tv?

Is the sound coming from the tv built in speakers or some external speakers / surround sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, he left nothing behind
The box is in the mechanical room
The sound is coming from the surround sound speakers
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Unless/until you get me the model number, the best thing you want to do is unplug the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes. Do the same for everything else involved- at lease the surround sound unit and directv box.

If that doesn't help then you should really call your installer. Without knowledge of your entire whole home setup, you could end up just making things worse. Itmay be unrealistic to think there is going to be an easy fix without providing a very detailed layout of your entire system.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Regardless of what happens, please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT solve your issue nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,