Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The red power light is blinking on tv sound but no picture

Customer Question

the red power light is blinking on tv sound but no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV- p42ut50 , 3 years
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

That blinking led on the front indicates the tv has an internal hardware failure that will require replacing parts inside the tv. You can try unplugging the tv power cord for a few minutes but I doubt that will help. If you want to take the whole back off the tv, use a meter to test which component has failed, order and install the part(s), then REPLY back here and I can assist you. Otherwise a repair shop would be needed.

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand this is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,