Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Samsung un40b6000 here when i switch it on it plays

Customer Question

Hi i have a Samsung un40b6000 here when i switch it on it plays the welcome melody but the screen reamins black, the backlight turns on.
i am looking for a soulution or a hint into this problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I need to ask for some info please before giving you advice thank you

Do you still have sound?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is the melody of the boot up process && no there is no menue showing up wheni press the menue button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a way to set the panel in a test mode so that it displays a color - to check if the pannel is ok ?

OK and no sound either, OK the very likelihood is that the t-con board that drives the LCD display is bad are you able to replace this board yourself?I will provide all the info necessary for that.

With regards ***** ***** query on testing the panel unfortunate no and there is also no way of checking the tcon board either that is the catch 22 of this issue you can only replace the tcon to eliminate it however 80% of the time this is a tcon board issue.

Let me know if you can do the work I will provide more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you question remains open thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can exchenge the board, i a asking about the panel test mode because i saw a video where one disconnected the board and the panel showed up un blue color.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sound i cannot check because i have no input to the tv

No its not conclusive, there is NO effective way to check panel or tcon whilst the set is in this fault mode

Glad to help, what you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a un-mistakable ribbon or mult-istrand label going from the main-board (that's the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the part-number found on the board itself with this part-number go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they dont have it google the part-number for suppliers

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating band with this post thanks again

Regards

Anthony

That check is wholly inconclusive there is no way to check panel or tcon at any level I am afraid

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I C ... i see here a 2009FA7M4C4LV0.9 board that fits the one build in THank you

make sure you get the partnumber from the tcon itself in the set

Please remember to rate positively before you go thank you the question will remain open as long as you need it so bookmark the page thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i understood, i am actualy having the board in my hands extracted from the tv set. Say -- 2009FA7M4C4LV0.9 they sell this board also for other tvs - is there any difference in the programing of the soc or is it the same board with excactly the same function?? there is also a V0.4 version of this board would that one do it too??
#

no you must use exact one unless its verified to work by the supplier even if it is best to get exact, you are ordering the board for this set so please stick to that as yes there may be differences