Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Apex Digital Converter Box model DT502. The remote

Customer Question

I have an Apex Digital Converter Box model DT502. The remote controller no longer operates. I have purchased a new remote but can not program it to operate with my converter box. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The remote can't be programmed to work with the box- it works with it right out of the packaging. If you've gotten a new remote and still can't control the box- then the BOX is the problem- not the remote. More specifically the IR sensor on the DTV converter box has failed- which is why neither remote will work. Again there's no way to program the remote to the box- since it's not designed to NEED to be programmed to the box. You will need to replace the box at this point to fix the problem. A new DTV box can be purchased at Best Buy for around $50.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.