Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My xbox 360 is only showing up in black and - no color

Customer Question

my xbox 360 is only showing up in black and white - no color
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need to know what the model number off the back of the TV is that you're connecting the Xbox to?

Also, what cables are being used- are they Red,White and Yellow RCA cables?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a hisense, model #40h3c
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the actual cables are red, white and yellow, but the outlets are red, white "and green, not yellow"
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, not familiar with that TV offhand, but usually these sets have jacks that double as "Component" and "AV" jacks. When you use a Yellow Video cable, it plugs into the Green jack and then you need to select "AV" or "Video" as the INPUT- not Component. Find the TV's Input or Source button and select Video or AV. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, no problem, I just need to make sure i'm not charged the $36, thank you and have a nice day
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You lost me on the "make sure I'm not charged $36". Set the TV to AV or Video instead of Component- that will fix your issue with the black and white picture. Once you've gotten the info you needed, please rate my service as 5 stars. That is how the site works.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Right now you're set to "component". You paid the site a deposit to solve your problem. You then rate me and I am paid a portion of that. I have nothing to do with billing. Nothing to do with charges or subscriptions, etc. I'm an independent tech working of my own time and the rating is my livelihood. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are seeking / attempting to pay for help because "we CANT" change" from composite to/from component....that's part of the problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You never mentioned anything about that. Also you need to switch form component to composite- not the other way around. Now WHY cant you change the Input- any more info on that?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Check the side of the TV for an Input/Source button to select the Composite/AV setting if you don't have a remote.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but your response, so-called resolution was completely off-base. All we needed was an HDMI cord going from the xbox to the tv