Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sceptre 50" tv model number x505bv-fmdr8hj1pe8 that

Customer Question

I have a sceptre 50" tv model number x505bv-fmdr8hj1pe8 that the screen went totally black and I'm trying to figure out where the black lights are and where I could get the parts from because I have replaced the main and power board because those are the only parts I could find. also I have noticed another part number v500hj1-xcme1 but when I type the number in it pulls up a Toshiba buffer panel. what is this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, your backlights are powered by the power supply board which also doubles as the LED inverter in this set. Your set also uses two versions of the power board. What was the part number off of the power board you bought?

Also, can you postback with a picture with the back of the TV removed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AY160D-4HF06
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. That board has your LED output voltages on it- they're produced by the 24 vdc outputs on the board. There are no other inverters/backlight boards in that set to my knowledge. However if you could postback with a picture of the back of the TV as asked above, I can tell you with certainty.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unless you can take a quick look and tell me if you have one of these in your set:

http://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-X505BV-Backlight-Inverter-I500HJ1-12A/dp/B00B1V7LFE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would the problem be panel buffer now
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Not a buffer- the inverter board. Buffers are in Plasma's, this is an LCD set so it's the inverter. Power Board sends 24 vdc to the Inverter- Inverter lights up the lighting in the LCD panel.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So, that would be the part you would need to replace to get the backlights to turn back on. Not sure if this matches your part number, but Shop Jimmy shows one in stock for just under $20:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/cmo-27-d070591-backlight-inverter.htm

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is that located
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Well the picture you posted is cropped on the left side. So what's underneath that blue tape on the left of the TV?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still with me here?