Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

REPLACED THE DLP CHIP WD 73835, NOW NO PICYURE. REINSTALLED

Customer Question

REPLACED THE DLP CHIP WD 73835, NOW NO PICYURE. REINSTALLED OLD CHIP STILL NO PICTURE. EVERYTHING PLUGGED IN OK
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will assist you for TV question. please reply back here when you're online to start troubleshooting the problem.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reply to what? Where is my response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no Picture. Just sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I have few questions about TV symptoms.

- Why DLP was changed in TV and what were the TV symptoms?

- Does TV stay On with sound only or switch Off after some time?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White and black dots
It does not stay on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so TV had white dots issue which is due to faulty DLP chip.

When TV shuts Off, do you get any light lit or blink on TV front?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't noticed.
Are you talking about the light by the on off switch?
What should I look for?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there are three little lights on TV lower front, Power, Status and Lamp.

Which on turns On or blink in what color?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what to look for? To signify the possible problem?
Is there a trouble shooters guide to this somewhere?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Those lights status will help us to determine whats going on in TV or we can get error code from TV through following procedure; while TV switch Off itself, press and hold INPUT and MENU buttons on TV front for 5 seconds, the Timer light will start flashing denoting a two digit Error Code.

For example; 2 times and 3 times so error code would be 23 and this will repeat five times.

Do you get any error code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at my office
Will get home in 2 hours
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, no problem, we can continue it when you get back to home. Please reply back with error code info to proceed further.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi you there?
I held down input and menu buttons I got 6 blinks then 1 blink on the timer light
Did it twice when I let go it repeated that sequence 3 times
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I'm here.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for error code info, working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

6-1 error code indicates color wheel failure in TV which is part of light engine and spins on high speed, it seems color wheel replacement in TV will help to resolve the problem. I'm afraid it would not be an easy fix because lots of things will be removed to get the TV chassis out along with light engine (that generates an image and has lamp as light source to project the image on TV front screen) and a handy person should do it to avoid any damage to TV.

Please check following link to view color wheel image and part number info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-938p137010-color-wheel-w-o-housing-version-2.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote like $300 plus...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will give you a good review
Could I have damaged it replacing the chip?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please check the flat ribbon cable coming from color wheel plugs into formatter board where DLP chip is installed to make sure the color wheel ribbon cable and regular wire jack are plugged securely on that board, if cable is broken then color wheel will be replaced.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.