Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My visio has had issues turning itself off a few times a day

Customer Question

My visio has had issues turning itself off a few times a day four a few days ..and today it shut off and won't turn back on
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV. I need bit more info to troubleshoot the problem.

- Was TV turned back On itself when switch Off itself OR need to press power button to switch On?

- Does power light on TV lit or flash when press power button?

- How old is the TV and is it still under warranty?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is 2 years old out of warranty. ..the TV just shut off and won't turn back on it has done it before but usually turns back on bit not this time
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, there are two circuit boards suspected for this symptoms and it needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to determine what board is bad to swap it which will help to resolve the problem.

It needs to check standby 3.3V DC volt on power supply board, if volts are available but no light or response from TV then replace main board and if no standby 3.3V available on power board then replace the power supply board, please check following board supplier link to get required replacement board if wish to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=e600i-b3

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you talking about the bord that the power cord plugs into
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

The board where power cord plugs into is power supply board and main board is one that has all video inputs on it.

It needs to check standby 3.3V DC volt on power supply board, if volts are available but no light or response from TV then replace main board and if no standby 3.3V available on power board then replace the power supply board and links to get required board is mentioned in previous reply or search/google to get better price info.

I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did I get charged 101.00 dollors to chat with you last night
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have no info/ control over billing/ account matters so please check with customer service at***@******.*** for any billing query.

Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions about your TV issue and if you're satisfied with the answer/ service given then a positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.

Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.