Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an LG TV it'a about 8 years old.Last week I turned it

Customer Question

I have an LG TV it'a about 8 years old.Last week I turned it on and stayed on for about 2 or 3 seconds and it turned off also no voice. I returned it on and it worked good, however it is
still cutting. Any ideas besides a new TV? Thank you, Paul=
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. When the set turned off- did the power light physically turn red and the set actually shut off? Also, how long is it working for now before shutting down?

Do you have any electronics repair experience, and are you looking to repair the set yourself?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to see my reply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your reply. No will not repair myself. I was hopping you might have an idea as to the trouble and location of LG tech in this area. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aric; You left me without any type of an answer! This is not good Service and unacceptable.I have no intention of paying this bill. Thank you Paul=
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Paul, respectfully- your reply came in 24 minutes after I engaged the question. I was not online waiting for 24 minute for the reply- I waited about 15 and went to do something. I am now online, and can talk back and forth to you as needed. The TV's power supply board is what's at fault here. These boards are known for capacitors going out of spec and causing the TV to shut down. To fix this issue requires either a power board swap, or the board you currently have to be rebuilt. The average cost for this type of repair on your TV is $250 parts and labor. If you're looking to swap the board yourself- it's plug and play- meaning no special tools are needed to replace it- as the connectors all plug in. However if you're not looking to repair the set yourself, a shop can be located at the link below:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you're looking to save some money on repairs, the power supply board for your TV can be purchased at the link below for $84:

http://www.tvpartsguy.com/lg-42lc7d-power-supply-board-2300keg010a-f-eax32268301-9-eay34797001/?gclid=CjwKEAjwyemvBRDFpN3E5_bs9BQSJAA5n8L2OkqUvr7cDivJWhnX82pawg6xkHPf06xXoDQzgKRqDRoCT3Xw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

To replace it you need nothing more than a screwdriver and to remove all of the screws on the back of the TV- remove the rear cover, and then unplug the connections on the power board within the set. This is the board that directly connects to the AC Input jack on the TV. Installation of the board is the reverse of removal.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?
If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.