Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a toshiba 19SLV411A which I got free... First time I

Customer Question

I have a toshiba 19SLV411A which I got free... First time I tried it, it worked great... 2nd time I tried it, I got nothing... not even a red power light on the front. Suggestions? Is this another TV with a bad cap problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

In every case where their is no power light lit and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powerboard is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powerboard itself.

Please let me know if you can do work or need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** remains open thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the back off now... and of course this unit has boards mounted to the back and the screen mounted to the front so you have to separate the two in order to get it apart.

Yes I understand they can be very awkward at this size but you do need to get to the power-board and make some checks with a meter there is no other way, you have no power-light so we need to know what is happening

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm at the office... I will have to take it home (where my meters and tools are ) to give this a more serious look. I will let you know when I'm setup and ready.
Thx, Don

OK

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we check voltages with the ps out of the chassis?

Yes but obviously the leads will need to all connect up if you can do that

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Anthony, I am away from home for the weekend. I got setup last evening, but it was too late to do much work on it. Anyway can we dig in when i am back on monday?

Yes no problem

Anthony