Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I just replaced my DLP chip in my tv and I turned it back on

Customer Question

I just replaced my DLP chip in my tv and I turned it back on and instead on white dots my tv screen is striped. What happened?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, that means that the DMD formatter board is faulty, in addition to the chip.

That board will need to be replaced as a next step.

http://bit.ly/1h9Fhqe this is the board that goes to most models, but if you have a different set you can find the same part from this supplier .

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get a picture it's just striped over it it's not black with stripes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I understand, but there are varying degrees of fault with this board, it still comes down to the same thing though, and without replacing it, would continue to degrade further and can even damage your new chip.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so buy a new formatted board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Formatter
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Correct. If you want to tell me your tv model I'll be happy to confirm the proper part for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also I just bought this chip from shop jimmy the link you just sent me so can I send the faulty one back and they replace it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought exactly what you sent me.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No, you'd still need it.

The white dots are from the chip. You need the formatter board in addition to the chip, not on place of it.

In most cases it is recommended that you replace both together, for this exact reason, they often fail together or cause each other to fail.

You still need the new chip, you just also need to replace the underlying formatter board.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Just make sure that your model was listed on that page. That board covers most all of the mitusu models, but there are a few that need a different one. If yours was on the listing on that page, your'e fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where to find my tv model or any of that to make sure it's for mine. I just ordered exactly what you sent though hoping it would work. Can you help me find that so I know if I need a different one or not?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Well how did you manage to order the chip in the first place if you didn't have the model?
The model number is ***** on the back of the tv, and starts with WD followed by a few numbers.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you have and I'll confirm for you so you can change/cancel your order if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I called and they said it fit most. And I couldn't match any numbers there.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what you do see on the back of the tv?
Are you in the US?
The part I linked you to was actually the chip not the board (sorry, I had both windows open), let me know the model you do see on yours though, and I'll get you the proper part to order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No what I'm saying is I ordered this piece Monday, it came in today that's what I am using. If it's faulty they sent me a faulty one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay Hang on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wd 60735
Model 257322
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay thanks.

So to confirm, you replaced the DLP chip already (to get rid of the white dots, which it fixed) and now just have some lines.

That means you need a formatter board (which is about half the price of the chip) also. It is unlikely that you got a bad chip from them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay so can you send me the proper link for that so I can get it ordered.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The chip you bought initially was correct.

Buy this too: http://bit.ly/1Qj8Zoa

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Once you get the new board installed, your tv should be back to normal again.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1gHgj1k

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I have different info about TV issue that might help to resolve the problem.

Please try to reinstall the DLP chip on TV as misaligned DLP chip can cause such problem and correct part number for formatter board is 00.L8851G001 as shown in following link though shopjimmy doesn't have it in stock yet ask them if they can get it for you.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-00-l8851g001-formatter-board.htm

In my opinion, reinstalltion of DLP chip should resolve the problem. Please reply back with the result.

Thanks.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you need any more information about this?