Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

All in one is powering up but not bringing up the screen

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the make/model of your tv?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not a TV, it's a Gsteway all in one desktop computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, your question was posted to the tv category and has no details listed. I'll opt out and move you over to the right place so another expert can get in touch with you.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. How old is your computer please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 3 years old
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The back light that illuminates the monitor may have failed. Make sure the computer is powered on then take a flash light and shine it across the face of the monitor and move your mouse around. Look closely and see if you can see the mouse pointer moving around on the screen, or also look for your desktop icons. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried that. Nothing. When it's turned in, you can hear the fan start, but nothing from the hard drive or processor.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Then there is a good possibility the power supply may be bad. Do you have any way of checking it?