Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have to replace the lamp in bottom left, have taken 4

Customer Question

i have to replace the lamp in bottom left , have taken 4 screws out but what do i use to take the top little screw out , no one here in my small town to do work so I have to order an replacement lamp but have to take the old one out.
toshiba model no. 44nhm84
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you trying to remove the lamp from the housing, or just trying to get the housing/assembly out of the tv?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If you're looking for the replacement, the part number is ***** and it is always recommended that you replace the entire assembly (lamp+housing). The cost above a bare lamp is minimal and it greatly reduces the chances of damaging the lamp during shipping and install and typically gives a longer life.

You can get a lamp only here: http://amzn.to/1Ox95u4

Or the full kit here: http://www.discounttvlamps.com/p-108-toshiba-tbl4-lmp-lamp-replacement.aspx

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Be sure to get the OEM philips/osram lamp. The generic/economy/compatible lamps may cost less but they are low quality, not as bright, and typically only last a few months rather than a few years.