Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Technician
Experience:  25 + Years experience repairing TVs, VCRs Computer etc.
11519491

I bought a samsung 3d tv un55h6400 on clearance. I initially

Customer Question

Hi. I bought a samsung 3d tv un55h6400 on clearance. I initially got only one remote (the bigger one) and went back to the store where I got another remote (the smaller one.) This is supposed to work via bt on my tv for smart hub etc. My tv is not pairing with the remote though it is turning on and off the tv. Also my phone s6 edge is picking up my tv and that smaller remote as a bt device.
My tv has a bluetooth address as well so I am assuming that it has bt, added to which my 3d glasses are working with the tv.
Could you say why the smaller remote is not pairing? Is it that I was given a wrong model of remote or all the smart hub remotes work on any smart tv? Or is the bt on my tv giving trouble?
Category: TV
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

It sounds like you have a remote that is not compatible with your TV.

You can get a universal remote that would work any device you have likely from the same store.

Or Radio Shack or Best Buy of you have one local. Even Walmart carries these and they are not very expensive;-)

But if the new remote is giving you trouble also check to see if it s also a universal type where you need to set the master code so the remote knows which device it is supposed to be controlling. The once that is set, it should work fine.

I can provide further information if you need that, but this should take care of the issue you are experiencing,

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Please rate kindly before closing this page, no cost to you.

Tech Michael

Thank You,

Michael