Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Mitsubishi WD-73835 that went out after a power

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD-73835 that went out after a power surge. I replaced the power supply and that was not the answer. I get a click when I plug it in but no codes. I'm lost
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry you had to wait because the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

When you plug in the power cord and get a click, exactly what do each of the 3 LED's on the front do?

What type of power surge? were other components affected?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no light up of any of the lights. It was a lightning strike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

were other components affected?

Did the symp***** *****ge at all after replacing the power supply?

What part number of the power supply you got? Where did you buy the power supply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The symptom did not change. I bought it from a used parts dealer that said it was tested. It is identical to the part I took out
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

were other components affected? cable box or sat box or ....

can you please give the part number of what you are calling the "power supply".

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing else was affected. They were attached to the power sure protecter. At some point during normal house cleaning the TV was attached to the outlet
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mitsubishi 934C283001 (934C28301, 934C2830101) Power Supply Unit
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Since you don't get even initialization (fast blink led on front panel), it would appear that the lightning also affected the Main board, part number 934C282003. That board would be the next thing to replace but to be sure you should really do some voltage checks with a meter. With back off tv, lamp door taped down, plug in tv, check these voltages-

Connector LE off Main board:
pin 3 = 3.3v
pin 5 = 5v

Connector PD off Power board:
pins 8/9 = 12v
pins 13/14 = 21v

If you need Service documents then I can provide them at your request. I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back.

Please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,