Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV TC-PS30N which blinks 7 times.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Plasma TV TC-PS30N which blinks 7 times. Proceeded to remove the cover and disconnected SN3 cable and SN20 ribbon. Now it blinks 8 times. Please advise.
Thank you and regards,
Peter
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the TV model is TC-P42S30.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Seven lights on this sort of TV generally signifies a connector loose on a board, or a dirty connector, or a board that is not seated right in its connector. It can also mean a defective logic board, though I would put that last, as a step toward repair, since the other problems can be addressed by a general cleaning and proper re-seating of connectors on all boards.

It may also mean a defective SU/SD board, but I am not sure of that. Some sources say so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Reseated all cables/ribbons/connectors. Still getting 7 blinks when SD board is connected and 8 blinks when SD board is disconnected.2. You mentioned logic board, SU board and SD board. Which is defective?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure which and I was not able to find any guidance. Perhaps another Expert will know what to advise you to do - and be right about it too, I should hope. I have Opted Out, with apologies at being able to take the case no further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you're not sure, why did you take my case? More in depth, precise and specific answers can be found by Google. This is a complete waste of money and would like to get a refund.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here. Sorry you've been sitting so long. Do you still need help on this? -Dan