Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How can I hook up direct TV to my sharp lc 37g4u without avs

Customer Question

How can I hook up direct TV to my sharp lc 37g4u without avs box
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What cords do I need? I don't have an avs box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the phone thing doesn't work on this site
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, this is simply not possible.

The tv will not function without the proper avs media receiver box.

That box provides some of the video processing functions for the tv, controls power commands, etc.

The tv will only accept signal from the avs box via the system cables. You cannot bypass the media receiver and connect a source device directly to the panel.

This is unfortunately a design limitation of this particular model and there is no way around it.

As this is a very old and discontinued model, there are no parts for it and you cannot buy just a media receiver for it, unless you happen to find a used one on ebay.

If you had the receiver and it has failed, the entire system will need to be replaced at this point. However you're still better off with a replacement as you can get a brand new LED tv with a better picture, updated features, and a fresh warranty, in the $300 range, which is less than you'd spend on repairs or a media box.

I'm happy to recommend replacements for you, if you'd like.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I already figured this out myself hours ago. I really didn't think I was going to get an a nswer it took so long. The direct TV guy was at my place until 1230 pm I was trying to get a quick answer while he was here.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what took so long, I answered your question immediately after seeing it, which was 17 minutes after you posted it.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The process was delayed because you entered your phone number in the plain text field, and the site filters that out.

There is a call option, but you have to accept an extra service fee for it and send your info in a different (secure) field.