Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I own a Panasonic plasma tv model TCP50s30. My tv will turn

Customer Question

Hello,I own a Panasonic plasma tv model TCP50s30. My tv will turn by the remote and by the power button but will not turn off by either one. I receive only a black screen with no picture from cable. The light on front of the tv stays solid red,no blinking. I am unable to use any functions on the remote. I can not change inputs and the only way to turn off the tv is to completely unplug it. The tv was working fine earlier today with no signs of trouble. This is the first issue we have experienced with this tv. The tv is between 2 and 3 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry about delayed reply. I need bit more info about TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.

Please press and hold power button on TV itself for 5 seconds, does power light blink now?

If so, how many times it flash, pauses and repeat the blink pattern?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red light blinks 14 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red light blinks 14 times ,pauses for three to four seconds the starts blinking again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

14 times flashing light indicates loss of 15V supply from power board or A (main) board wrong diagnosis due to internal failure. Please unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check.

If problem persist then either power board or A board will need to be replaced in TV to resolve the issue. Please reply back if you wish to repair the TV yourself to assist you further and if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need further assistance with this question?

Thanks.