Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My Panasonic HD Tv just suddenly went black screen. There is

Customer Question

My Panasonic HD Tv just suddenly went black screen. There is a red flashing light at the bottom of the front of my tv. I have unplugged it, I have hit the on off on the front of it but the TV just has the red flashing light at the bottom of it. Is there something we did and how can I undo it??
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What is the full model number of the tv please? Do you see any pattern to that blinking light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey! thanx for responding. I am at work and will get that number tonight when I get home.
There are six blinks then shuts off for a second or two. I have unplugged it. I have plugged into a different plug-in and nothing seems to work.
My mother in law who is 86 said she sat on the the remote for ATT and that is when the tv went out...coincidence??
I know it sounds like the TV but I am not totally convinced that a screw up happened with the cable. I had to get on the phone yesterday with them to reboot everything 'cause I had no cable. Everything now works, except my main television which is still blinking that red light.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all, take your time.

Getting a blink pattern from the tv means there is an internal hardware problem. Sitting on the remote was coincidence.

When you get back, try a factory reset of the tv for me: Power on, press and hold the Vol- button on the side of the tv and the menu button on the remote, together, for 5+ seconds, and let me know if anything changes.