Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Similiar problem, Philips 40PFL5505D F7 TV will not turn on.

Customer Question

Similiar problem, Philips 40PFL5505D F7 TV will not turn on. I am checking voltages on the power supply but am not sure Im checking in the right locations. I have 120v supply and power across the fuse.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, We're not able to see the question that brought you here, so can you please reply back with what specific problems you're having?

Additionally, the pins are labeled on the power supply board where you want to check for "DC volts". Look at the silkscreen legend on the board itself next to the connectors- you'll see: 5.3V, 12 volt, and 24 volt respectively. You ground your black meter probe to the metal frame/ground of the TV, set the meter to DC volts, then use the Red probe to test those pins I mentioned above with the TV plugged in and turned on.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.