Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I cannot receive HD on my new RCA TV Model LED 65G55R120Q. I

Customer Question

I cannot receive HD on my new RCA TV Model LED 65G55R120Q. I am getting HD on the older sets, but unable to get HD on this new RCA purchased 3 weeks. What might be the problem? I have direct cable hook up that is provided by a private cable provider who provides the service throughout our community.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

Your cable service/signal requires a tuner called "QAM" to get the HD digital channels. The problem is this model tv does NOT have a QAM tuner for cable. It does have HDTV tuner for ANTENNA signals, and tuner for regular analog cable, but not QAM.

Click here to see explanation in the official RCA user manual (search for QAM in document)

You can exchange the tv for one that has QAM or you can buy an external QAM box for about $30 and connect it via HDMI to this tv

I am here to help you. If you need more help reply back. Please be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand this is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund, nor does it do anything to remedy your unit.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

I do not use the phone call service at this time, but another expert may.

I am still here with you via CHAT.

CLICK HERE to see one example of a cheap QAM tuner with HDMI