Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV is tachi #5If710g. I'm using Wayzon HDMI to RCA converter

Customer Question

TV is Hitachi #5If710g. I'm using Wayzon HDMI to RCA converter and image on TV rolls. Checked HDMI cable and converter on another TV. That worked. TV has HDMI input but does not work at all. Do I need the "Hitachi MMC card" that goes in the slot on the back of the TV? Thank you for your time! Rich
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need to know more about the converter- since they're not all the same. Does it convert to Red,White and Yellow RCA, or to Red,Blue,Green,Red and White RCA?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also, have you tried setting the resolution of your computer to it's LOWEST setting to see if the TV then shows a stable image?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Converter goes from HDMI to yellow, white and red RCA jacks. As for the resolution settings yes I have. Thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. This TV requires a Vertical Sync Pulse- since it is a Deflection TV- and the converter you have was likely designed to be used with LCD or Plasma sets- that is where the problem is coming from. The HDMI converter is not adding the Vertical Sync Pulse to the signal, so your image rolls.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Offhand, do you have a VCR that use Yellow video Ins and Outs? If so, then feeding the yellow cable from the converter into the VCR, then running out from the VCR to the TV should fix the sync issue. The VCR should encode this portion of the signal into the video cable feeding the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a VCR and will give that a try. Will get right back with you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that sounds good, and let me know what you find please. I am also looking into a workaround for this if passing the signal through a VCR doesn't work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passed signal through a Panasonic PV 8450. Problem persists.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay. Let me ask you this, does the back of your PC and also your TV have a 15 pin HD jack (VGA)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a what I'm pretty sure is a VGA out. It is what goes to the monitor. As for HD I don't know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV does not have a VGA input
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, this one has me stumped. I will opt out and see if another expert has any ideas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now what?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Now I'm no longer involved. You pay the site a deposit- we all work of our own time until we are rated. So, I've not been paid anything- and if someone else has any ideas, they'll jump in. Or you can get a refund from customer service from the home page. I'm not a site employee- just an independent tech here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for trying Aric. I am still wondering about the HDMI input on the TV. Maybe it takes the "Hitachi MMC card" that goes in the slot on the back of the TV to make it function. Rich
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rich, the MMC card is like a micro SD and designed for software updates for the TV from Hitachi back when it was supported.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Let me ask you this, have you tried any other sources connected to the TV- either via composite or component, and do you have the same results as when you use that converter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all other sources work fine on this TV. It's a great TV. Went from my cable box HDMI out to converter to TV RCA input. Worked fine..
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

That's bizarre. So the converter works from the cable box, but not the computer, and yet works with the computer and the same converter to another TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You got it. Seems odd to me also.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I know this may sound arbitrary, but what I would suggest is trying a VGA to component video converter- since those two signals more closely match each other and there's less chances of signal incompatibility on this set. I usually try to stick with VGA to component whenever I can anyways- less loss, and less "conversion" happening.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Right now you've got a digital HD signal, being stepped down to analog standard definition, and it's possible that this set simply doesn't like the signal from the PC's HDMI out. It could be a resolution issue, but in any case, I would suggest trying the VGA to component converter below. If you still have the same issue, then at least you can say you've tried all the options here, but this is what I'd personally try as a last ditch effort and stranger things have happened, but it MAY work:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8668&gclid=Cj0KEQjwvdSvBRDahavi3KPGrvUBEiQATZ9v0Afvt7GSGGK7-gfUhx3g6MdAIvI518IsqjmHaMjnETIaAurO8P8HAQ&kpid=108668

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm hip to trying another route, but cash is a concern here. I will check out your suggested converter though. Thank you.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I can understand that, I was pretty much saying it's worth a shot, as I've seen these units work much more reliably between PC's and a TV. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks like this interaction was pretty much a bust. I do thank you for trying. Rich
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay.....Good luck.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

When you try it and if you find it works- could you do me a favor and rate me as positive then?