Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I live in rural Alaska and have a Samsung big screen TV (

Customer Question

I live in rural Alaska and have a Samsung big screen TV ( LN52A550P3FX2A ) and it has died. I've tried everything I can think of and it just won't turn on. There were no problems until this morning when I tried to turn it on to watch a ball game.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need bit more info about TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.

Does power light on TV front lit or blink when push power button to turn On the TV?

Do you hear faint click sound from TV when plug TV power cord in wall?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No "blinking" just a steady "click" about once a second
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. This kind of problem occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board of TV and rarely the main board found defective for this symptoms.

Replacement of bad capacitors (it requires good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire power board in TV (it is bit easy, plug and play type work) will help to resolve the problem. Please check following board supplier link to view power supply board image and repair kit info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=LN52A550P3FXzA

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.