Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung Series 7100 t.v. won't turn on. When I click the

Customer Question

My Samsung Series 7100 t.v. won't turn on. When I click the power button on the remote the screen blinks on then off continually. Off and on, with just a short flickers of the Smart tv home screen. Any suggestions about what could be causing that?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need bit more info about TV symptoms to troubleshoot the problem.

Can you get me the complete model number off of your TV?

How old it is and how long it have had the problem?

Was there any lightning storm in area that might caused this problem in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UN60F7100
2 years old
never had this problem before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lightening storms in the area
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a cable box with a surround sound are plugged into the t.v.
It's hard to say if they are having the same problem since the t.v. won't turn on. They at least turn on and stay on. I have tried unplugging everything for 10 minutes and plugging back in - same result - t.v. goes on just barely, only showing the home screen for a second then back to black, clicking sounds between switches, remote seems to have no effect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, unfortunately the symptoms indicate main board failure where main processor chip seems has got internal failure and resets, reboots and again resets and reboots so power supply board get power On command from main board each time the main processor chip reboots that you hear as clicking sound from TV.

Main board of TV will be replaced to resolve this issue, it needs to remove back cover of TV to access inside to get the part number off of main board on label pasted on it that would be like BN94-06188C or BN94-06789S and search/google it to get price and stock info to order it if you wish to replace it in TV by yourself.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,

Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much will this it of advice cost me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just the $5 deposit?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

It seems you paid $28 when posting this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just want to be sure that is the only charge - $28 - is that correct?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

However, please contact customer service at***@******.*** to get correct billing info as I'm just a TV tech here to answer TV question and have no control over account matters.

I can see $28 on this question page and this is correct. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.