Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Stop recording after few minuts even newest recent bought

Customer Question

stop recording after few minuts even newest recent bought sony dvdirect recorder.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is your Sony DVD Direct Recorder new? if so, it isn't that the storage is full of recordings (unless you recorded many hours immediately upon getting the device.) It would rather be a defect from the supplier or the manufacturer, and covered by either the returns policy of the vendor, or the manufacturer's warranty.

Try to return it to your vendor or store that sold it to you, first... for an exchange for another fully working device of the same type and capabilities, or at least for a refund. If it is too late for a return to the store, then Sony's warranty on this sort of device would be 1 year from purchase date, so one way or another this defect is covered.